The Product Manager is responsible for managing products portfolio to maximize growth and profitability. Establishes and maintains a strong competitive position through strategic and tactical identification of marketing opportunities and operational efficiencies. Develops, implements and maintains "best practices" in Marketing Planning and Execution, Product and Portfolio Management, Commercial Excellence and Business and Financial Acumen. Product Manager is responsible for marketing strategies, marketing promotional activities and market research plans within CIS, and facilitates the work of a cross-functional team aimed at achieving key business objectives. Manages extensive interactions with internal & external customers to understand and address market dynamics and unmet customer needs. The Product Manager adopts a more strategic marketing outlook on the business, is actively involved in annual strategic planning.
- Participates in the Business planning for designated brands (jointly preparation of Business reviews, Business Plan and Strategic Plan)
- Develops and executes of marketing and brand strategies to increase revenue and achieve overall brand success
- Develops thorough competitive intelligence and market analysis in support of competitive strategies; proposes and executes competitive strategies
- Develops marketing action plan that defines market development, marketing activities, promotional strategies, and related sales objectives
- Employs market research tools as required to identify and interpret changing user attitudes, demands, and needs for existing company and competitive products
- Ensures timely communication to appropriate team members relating to promotional materials, tools and development of effective sales aids and education support materials. Experience in identifying market opportunities, market segmentation, competitive analysis, pricing strategy, market development and go to market models and strategies
- Communicates and leads execution of KOL strategy
- Effectively partners and collaborate with Janssen Russia & CIS CVT teams, regional marketing leaders, Medical Affairs, Market access and other functions to ensure development and execution of comprehensive marketing and product strategy.
- Assume responsibility for set functional areas to ensure key business goals are met. Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team
- Ensures all marketing projects are compliant and have obtained necessary approvals through the appropriate medical, legal, and regulatory review process
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in Medicine or a related field. An additional marketing degree is preferred.
- Successful experience selling or marketing products to HCPs, including (+4 years)
- Strong knowledge of working in pharmaceutical market environment; understanding of healthcare industry (governmental funding, reimbursement & out of pocket segments)
- Strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to help formulate and implement marketing and product strategies, convert these into tactical marketing plans, and deliver results. Strong analytical thinking.
- Sound decision-making capabilities and the ability to make decisions, even in absence of consensus when necessary.
- Creative out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious, stays current on new trends, and takes calculated risks with novel ideas.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills for a wide variety of audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to develop strong relationships with key opinion leaders, customers, advisory boards, and potential or existing business partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment with very little supervision. Resourcefulness and the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities are keys.
- Track record of achievement in delivering projects and influencing business outcomes
- Managerial courage to speak up when important information or questions must be raised and takes action when issues must be addressed.
- Demonstrated ability to influence across and up the organization to effectively negotiate and persuade others.
- Proven ability to work effectively on diverse, cross-functional teams.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing priorities. Ability to routinely work on multiple tasks with multiple people while effectively prioritizing.
- Ability to travel 25% - 35% of the time
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products, namely Word, Excel, and PowerPoint